Tuesday, February 4, 2014

15 Weeks

I just got back from my 15 week appointment with the doctor.  So far, this has been the easiest appointment I've had.  I didn't even have to take any clothes off!  I got to hear the baby heart beat, which is always a nice reassurance.  The heart rate was 145, which is perfectly normal!

Weight: I started this pregnancy at 185 (eek!) but due to a combination of morning sickness and then a cold I am down to 170.  I am going to consider this my "starting weight" and hoping to not get much above 185/190.  

Waist Line: This is the first week I've started to "show".  And, with the right clothing, you can definitely see a bump.  My waist is measuring at 39 inches which is up at least a few inches from where I started.

Symptoms: Since this is the first time I'm doing this, I'll give a quick recap of symptoms up until now as well.  I, pretty much, figured out I was pregnant when I started to have some slight nausea in Cancun, which turned out to be 6 weeks.  Then, at week 7 it got BRUTAL!  From week 7-11/12 I barely ate, was on constant nausea meds and lost 10 pounds.  It was pretty miserable.  Right around 12 weeks I started to get my appetite back, at which point I was hit with a pretty bad sinus infection.  I've also been riddled with pretty horrible migraines.  The bad news is that I'm feeling so ill all the time.  But, the good news is that everything is pretty much textbook, just a little intensified.  My newest symptom is hip pain, which again, is pretty textbook to show up in the second trimester.  I got a snoogle pillow though which is helping a ton!  

Picture: here is a picture from this past weekend.  I was wearing maternity pants, which always defines my stomach a little more since there's no waist band to block it.  It's still a combo of just regular belly and baby belly, but it's getting there little by little!



Hopefully I can get on track and consistently do these on the same day every week.  I think I am going to aim to put these up on Mondays.  See you soon!

<3 Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment