Wednesday, March 19, 2014

21 Weeks

Hi There!  Sorry so late, work has been busy!  I was traveling all last week so finally had a chance this past weekend to keep my feet on the ground, which was very nice.  Even though I didn't get home until after 1 am on Friday, I was up early on Saturday to go to my first consignment sale!  In all honesty, I probably don't need to buy any clothes for Juliet.  But, it was a fun experience. I left with a bag full of clothes (a big one!!) for $60.  I will definitely be going back again next year.

On to Juliet!  She is 7 inches long and 11 ozs.  Still small but inching closer and closer to a pound.  This week I've felt more and more motion in my belly.  While I can't be positive it is kicks, I am pretty sure they are.  They are a little too distinct to be anything else.  Nothing from the outside, but that's to be expected.

Weight and Waistline: No weight gain this week, held steady at 172.  And, my waist line is just over 40 inches, so getting bigger.  I'm feeling fine about this.  

Symptoms: Sleeping still stinks.  I am finding if I don't sit straight up I'm getting some numbness on my left thing.  My internet searching led me to something called Meralgia Paraesthetica.  Basically, it's a nerve that is being pinched on my hip.  I was at my neurologist today (follow up for migraine appt) and he confirmed this.  Essentially, he said we can test for it but there is nothing we can do about it.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse.  Besides that, the congestion is getting bad.  I am almost positive it's allergies.  I have been dreading the onset of allergies.  I always get them pretty bad, and with the added congestion I knew they wouldn't be fun.  Traditionally, I always get a sinus infection during allergy season.  Hopefully that isn't the case this year.

Picture: So, I had Ben take a picture of me before I put on pajamas.  And, I looked horrible!  Apparently the outfit I wore today was a bit like a moo moo.  It is big, so maybe I just need to grow into here?  Here's hoping because I have a limited wardrobe so I can't afford to not wear one of the few maternity items I own!  Anywayssss, I ended up taking another picture myself once I changed :)




As I mentioned, work has been super busy!  But, no more travel (that I know of at least!!) so things should start to settle down.  I'm taking off Friday to do some spring cleaning, so that will be nice.  Then, Ben can get started on painting and getting the nursery together.  I'd love to get the painting done by April.  We are definitely going with a tan/brown and purple color scheme and have gone to look at colors.  Before it was really just for fun, but now that we definitely know its a girl I want to look more closely.  And, Ben and I are also moving to a room downstairs so we need to look at colors for our room!  I am thinking grey walls, with the possibility of an accent wall, but that's still up in the air.  We'll decide eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment